Chocito’s Chocolate Cream Stuffed Pancakes
- Chocito’s Chocolate Cream Spread - 1/2 cup
- Sliced bananas or strawberries, for topping
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup
- Granulated sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Buttermilk - 3/4 cup
- Egg - 1 large
- Melted butter - 2 tablespoons
- Cooking spray or additional butter for cooking
For the Chocolate Cream Filling:
1. Warm the chocolate cream spread slightly to make it easier to work with.
2. In a bowl, whisk the chocolate cream spread until smooth and slightly softened.
For the Pancakes:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined. It's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy.
4. Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the cooking surface with cooking spray or a small amount of butter.
5. Pour a small amount of pancake batter onto the skillet to form a small circle.
6. Spoon a dollop of chocolate cream spread onto the center of the pancake.
7. Top with another small amount of pancake batter to cover the chocolate cream spread.
8. When bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, carefully flip it and cook until golden brown on both sides.
9. Remove the pancake from the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining batter and chocolate cream spread.
10. Stack the Chocolate Cream Stuffed Pancakes on a plate.
11. If desired, top the pancakes with sliced bananas or strawberries.
Enjoy these delectable and decadent Chocolate Cream Stuffed Pancakes as a delightful breakfast or brunch treat!