Chocito’s Cookies and Cream Stuffed Pancakes
- Chocito’s Cookies and Cream Spread - 1/2 cup
- Crushed chocolate cookies or chocolate chips, for topping
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup
- Granulated sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Buttermilk - 3/4 cup
- Large egg - 1
- Melted butter - 2 tablespoons
- Cooking spray or additional butter for cooking
For the Cookies and Cream Filling:
1. In a bowl, whisk the cookies and cream spread until smooth.
For the Pancakes:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined. It's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy.
4. Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the cooking surface with cooking spray or a small amount of butter.
5. Pour a small amount of pancake batter onto the skillet to form a small circle.
6. Spoon a dollop of cookies and cream spread onto the center of the pancake.
7. Top with another small amount of pancake batter to cover the cookies and cream spread.
8. When bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, carefully flip it and cook until golden brown on both sides.
9. Remove the pancake from the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining batter and cookies and cream spread.
10. Stack the Cookies and Cream Stuffed Pancakes on a plate.
11. If desired, top the pancakes with crushed chocolate cookies or chocolate chips.
Enjoy these indulgent and flavorful Cookies and Cream Stuffed Pancakes as a delightful breakfast or brunch treat!